* Daniel Augusto Chiesa (DAN AUG), Uruguay 1956.
* Based in Montevideo (Uruguay), his life has elapsed between Uruguay, Italy and the United States.
* The world of Science, Electronics, Telecommunications, I.T. and especially Astronomy Science and the
Space exploration carries him, almost without realizing it, to transit through the International Art Scene.
Since year 2002 he turns to painting and start an outstanding career as an artist too.
Actually he belongs to the I.A.A.A. (International Association of Astronomical Artists)
and has active participations at Conferences and Forums related to Art and Astronomy Science.
* In 2005 his artwork "Xanadu Joyful Day" is First Prize in a global competition from The Planetary
Society (Pasadena, CA, USA) and the European Space Agency. This work was exhibited in the
Operations Center of the European Space Agency, Darmstadt, Germany and Pasadena, Ca, USA.
* His prolific work, inspired in the mysteries of the universe, science and mysticism, has allowed
him to participate in many national and international exhibitions, and
we find most of his artworks in various private collections.
* Since year 2002 up till today he had dozens of Solo and Collective Exhibitions worldwide.
"...My Art is generated in a magical moment of "communion" between my self and my knowledge on topics related to the Astronomy Science, Astrophysics, Cosmology and Quantum Physics. You should also understand my profound admiration and fascination to the civilization of Ancient Egypt, it is the inspiring muse in my first series. My characteristic saturated colors and my logic pragmatism, which is often painted with geometric figures and symbols, leads me to the abstraction... This is where I mainly find the most appropriate vehicle to leave embodied my message… We tried to express on the canvas the wonders of the universe with the only message that we are sons of the stars, where we come from and where surely we will return some day..."